Quantcast The AntFarm Affiliates blog [has moved]: Sketch is at it again ... Toad's Place, CT. Sucker MC's Beware!
| d_Cyphernauts | Expertiz | Phenetiks | Workforce | Sketch Tha Cataclysm |
| Cee Reed | The Rising Sun Quest | Spaz the Working Class | Pruven |

Friday, October 19, 2007

Sketch is at it again ... Toad's Place, CT. Sucker MC's Beware!

So I get this e-mail from Sketch and it seems that he just blew some "Sucker MC's" off the stage at Toad's Place old school style. Here is what went down yall.
lol

Oct 18, 2007 12:49 AM
actually I just repped the AF on stage at Toad's right before RJD2 went on. . .

Oct 18, 2007 6:20 PM
The story behind the Toad's Place incident:

I went to the show to see RJD2 last night @ Toad's. They had one opening act. . . a really really shitty band called Elevated Thoughts: two emcees, a vocalist, bass player, and a terrible deejay.

For those of you that don't know, I am really tired of seeing wack emcees perform and have pledged to not pay to go to a show unless the bill has at least three heads on it that are dope. Reason being that I get infuriated when I see lazy ass performers, especially if they open for someone I am inspired by.

so anyway. . .

The assholes get onstage and do two really shit hip-hop tracks, with the girl singing real low in the background. The whole time they are lazily walking across the stage and rhyming bullshit in unison. So I am visibly pissed off. Also, I am standing right in the middle of the audience right at the stage. In between every song they stop to discuss among themselves what they should do next. The girl decides she doesn't feel like singing and sits down, one of the emcees starts walk around in circles on one side of the stage and the bassplayer starts jamming with the other emcee on the drums. They do this for ten minutes.

lol

So the girl is sitting in the back of the stage seeing me pissed off and seems to be amused. I shake my head at her. And from the back of the stage to the audience we have an exchange that went something like this. . .

"what?!? why do you look so upset?"
"cause this fucking sucks! it's mad insulting"
"Do you think you could do any better?"
"I know I could do better!"
"then come up here then!!"

So I go up on stage and the chick is like mid song starting to sing and starts talking shit to me about how not everyone could do it and it's difficult to rock crowds or whatever and I just keep going "just give me a mic just give me a mic!" she ignores my request so I then walk across the front of the stage telling everyone that this shit is insulting to anyone who paid money to get in. I then walk off. The emcee/drummer asks me to come back onstage and spit. so I go up there. he introduces me and starts beat boxing. and I fucking killed it!!

Blew them off the fucking stage! my old drummer John goes up there and gets on the drums while I was spitting and we just tore it down! Afterwards I think I was able to see that chick eat her words.

dope shit. . . they invited me to an event tonight
and peace to Mo Niklz who got to see that shit lol




Dope shit Sketch. You show em how MC'ing is done!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

... & thus, a legend is born :)