Quantcast The AntFarm Affiliates blog [has moved]: AFA Friday Flicks: "Afro Samurai"
| d_Cyphernauts | Expertiz | Phenetiks | Workforce | Sketch Tha Cataclysm |
| Cee Reed | The Rising Sun Quest | Spaz the Working Class | Pruven |

Friday, June 29, 2007

AFA Friday Flicks: "Afro Samurai"

A good friend of mine put me up on this show called Afro Samurai. I was really surprised to see that the RZA produced the original score. Sprinkle in a little bit of Samuel L. Jackson voicing the main character & you have a very interesting cartoon ... um, I mean Anime. Anyway. Here is the trailer.




Hop Hop, violence, sword fights, blood, guts, & revenge just screams out WuTang & RZA correct? heh. Love it or hate it, I think its a good mesh of the different styles & culture. Hip Hop and 'Martial Arts'. What a combo! NPR even had a little feature on this show when it first came out.

That's it for now. Enjoy.

1 comment:

This Profile Is No Longer in Use said...

Love it. I covered it on my myspace blog while the series was in action. They left some room for a second series at the end. Looking forward to it.