Quantcast The AntFarm Affiliates blog [has moved]: DAY 1 OF 7: PARTY MUSIC FOR PISSED OFF PEOPLE
| d_Cyphernauts | Expertiz | Phenetiks | Workforce | Sketch Tha Cataclysm |
| Cee Reed | The Rising Sun Quest | Spaz the Working Class | Pruven |

Sunday, August 5, 2007

DAY 1 OF 7: PARTY MUSIC FOR PISSED OFF PEOPLE

INTRODUCTION TO THE WEEK OF BLOGS:

I was approached multiple times in the last few weeks about providing more background information on the 7 tracks that appear on my EP Party Music For Pissed Off People. So here we are. . .

The EP was (and will be in future volumes) a means for me to air out my personal thoughts and ideas on a varied array of social and political topics. I have always been deeply interested in all of the areas that are covered on the EP and found that I was going to need an avenue for this side of me that was separate from all of the other music I do.

Also, I have always felt that people have a hard time with being preached to, especially the hip-hop audience, and sometimes need something to ease the tension a bit and allow that information to creep through. At the start of pre-production I was on a steady diet of 70's funk, reggae, soul, and salsa (absolutely no hip-hop) and I decided that this would be a good place to focus the samples and possibly be able to make some party tracks that'll ease the tension

No comments: