Quantcast The AntFarm Affiliates blog [has moved]: PM4POP Day 3 of 7: Michael Stewart
| d_Cyphernauts | Expertiz | Phenetiks | Workforce | Sketch Tha Cataclysm |
| Cee Reed | The Rising Sun Quest | Spaz the Working Class | Pruven |

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

PM4POP Day 3 of 7: Michael Stewart

This track has been bubbling for a looooooooooooooong fucking time. somewhere around 2002 myself and JK1 were discussing our extreme distaste for the abuse of power within law enforcement: everything from murder to bullshit unnecessary traffic stops and we decided we wanted to do a track about it. We spent a day doing loads of research on the topic for statistics and stories and all it ended up doing was get us more and more pissed off. The names of victims kept coming and coming.

We ended up getting so pissed that we were going to make this gigantic epic about two cats that witness a police shooting and flip out and go on a rampage killing cops (this was before I saw the Melvin Van Peeble's indie-film classic Sweet Sweetback's Baaad Ass Song and before I thought about how some cops actually do their job).

Either our consciences got in the way or we feared the extremity of our anger, but the song just disappeared.

Still. . . police brutality is too important of a topic for me to not address. One particular story struck me. The story of Michael Stewart. Check the link and listen to the song man. . .

Other info. . . the track also features my homie Wos. Me and this cat made up a fucked up R&B group after a very entertaining karoake night called The Genius Called Beautiful. Look out for the project sometime toward the end of the year on Psi.Dweys Movement haha. . .

I really dig the mixing job Deto did on this track. His mix down definetly pushed this track to the more favorable side for me. I had a very difficult time with this track, The subject matter is soooooo serious and I wanted the beat to still sound fun so this one was a little tricky for me to accept, Deto helped me accept the joint a little more. . . thanks dude. . . you guys could check the track on my myspace page

peace and love y'all come back tommorow for my blog on "Free The Radio"

2 comments:

DJ Sir.Cumference said...

Yes, I'm def. feelin this track Sketch. Great insight on Michael Stewart's life and controversial death on the Wiki. Lovin' the daily posts. Def. lookin forward to more of them.

Othello said...

Great links. I remember the Anthony Baez case like it was yesterday. He was killed right dowm the block from my school cuz he was playing catch and his football hit a cop car. Damn...