Quantcast The AntFarm Affiliates blog [has moved]: PM4POP Day 1 of 7: Editor's Note
| d_Cyphernauts | Expertiz | Phenetiks | Workforce | Sketch Tha Cataclysm |
| Cee Reed | The Rising Sun Quest | Spaz the Working Class | Pruven |

Sunday, August 5, 2007

PM4POP Day 1 of 7: Editor's Note



an introduction:

In June I dropped my 7 track EP Party Music For Pissed Off People, a grouping of songs I wrote on various socio-political topics based on 6 different essays I wrote. I have always felt that it was difficult to get heads to flow in the same river if you are preaching to them, especially the hip-hop audience, so I decided to lay the lyrics over a bed of tracks containing samples in dance-able areas: 70's salsa, funk, reggae, and soul music (which I was heavily listening to as a replacement to hip-hop). Even Chuck D needed a Flavor Flav to get his message across.

I have had quite a few heads in the last few weeks that have asked me to provide some sort of background information on the songs on the cd, so I decided to use the platform of the Ant Farm Affiliates blog to do that over the next 7 days. So. . . we'll start with the opener "Editor's Note". . .



Editor's Note
This is the only track on the EP that doesn't fit into the theme of the rest of the project, instrumentally. The track was produced by Eye One a.k.a. SilenTuch, a fucking genius emcee out of Waterbury, CT who is a part of my Psi.Dweys Movement collective. I wanted to start it more abrasive, a little more direct, a chorus-less one verse editorial. I say some pretty straight to the point shit on this track and basically left it where if you don't make it past this track you are not going to be dancing later. I've watched expressions change when I get to the line "Iraq may have been better off with Sadam!" lol

whatever man. . . i'm just being as real as I can be
It's the shortest track on the project and so I figured I would just post the lyrics. . .

Pissed off people stop crying
Relax, sit "Indian" style as I drop science
an alliance has formed of funky bitches
guzzling gas in SUVs with bumper stickers
freedom isn't free is what they said
to counter complaints logged as we count the dead
as long as their mouths are fed we won't say something
problem is we're starving and kids are dying for nothing
that's why i'm confronting the lion crying dysfunction-
al prying, finding the lie that's hiding behind the fronting
I want to stick my fist through the residence
and slap the stupid grin off our condescending president
levees broke, people spoke
the sign said SOS reply is "don't hope."
this world is cold, don't leave with no coat
the pearls of souls bleed you leave soaked
and
and while they rain my brain remains focused
expose 'em to swat locusts from the hopeless
they think their intentions are cloaked they won't notice
that they think we're better as prisoners than voting
that's their slogan, weeds illegal to trp people who have less
make them evil
sell to make, get locked, what's the sequel?
Inmates paid slave rates for products that are fecal
90% profit for them rich folks
while commerce drags are masses in a stiff yoke
quote whats spoke. . . note what i'm on
Irag may have been better off with Sadam
we may have been better off by not fighting it
this has been a letter from the editor that's writing it
just a few quick words before igniting it
relax, kick back, or shake your ass to enlightenment

2 comments:

Othello said...

I love the picture of Condi on the link.

Dude, the blog is cool. It's a real interesting read. I'm looking forward to reading more.

DJ Sir.Cumference said...

Yea, I agree with Othello. You know...You are not the only person that shares the opinion of Iraq being better off with Saddam. In fact, I was listening to a report on NPR one day on the Iraq war and a reporter was interviewing an Iraqi civilian who said "With Saddam in power we could not see the light at the end of the tunnel, but now with the current U.S. occupation there isn't even a tunnel."
When I heard this my only thought was...DAMN!! Bottom line, the track is down right ILL and the opinions you have expressed are certainly respectable.

Peace

Dj Sir.Cumference of Phenetiks