Quantcast The AntFarm Affiliates blog [has moved]: PM4POP Day 2 of 7: REBEL MUSIC
| d_Cyphernauts | Expertiz | Phenetiks | Workforce | Sketch Tha Cataclysm |
| Cee Reed | The Rising Sun Quest | Spaz the Working Class | Pruven |

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

PM4POP Day 2 of 7: REBEL MUSIC

Rebel Music

The second track of the EP is truly the kick off point to me. "I can't keeeeeep from cryin' sometimes. . . ". "Rebel Music" was the first beat I ever made using my MPC 1000, made one afternoon so that I could teach myself how to use my machine, using an entire album for samples. No I am not going to tell you the album, but I will say it featured a varied array of funk songs from the 70's.

The topic of the song for me is probably one of the biggest parts of who I am as an emcee: be different while retaining the essence of the music. Don't do what has been done before but let what you do pay homage to what has come before. The song contains rhythmic reference to Big Daddy Kane, Common, Busy Bee, etc. all while updating the rhyme styles.

The actual recording session was slightly irritating lol. I recorded the first five tracks of the EP with Deto 22 of Phenetiks and at the time of recording all of these tracks had been performed steadily for just about three months straight. I was getting sick of them all and I couldn't tell if my takes were good, to which Deto asured me they were. And so, I accepted and decided to just have some fun on the tracks hence the starting phrase "I put the danish in your mouth and you don't stop!!" which is a throwback to the track JK1 and I put out called "Strawberry Cheese Danish".

whatever lol anyway. . . this shit is starting to seem like some ego-feeding thing so I am going to cut it right here with this video. . .


Rebel Music

Add to My Profile | More Videos

3 comments:

DJ Sir.Cumference said...

This is one of my favorite joints on the EP. I love your commentary on these tracks. I really get a good glimpse into the anatomy of the track. I'm def. a Sketch fan. Peace and love brother.

Dj Sir.Cumference of Phenetiks

deto-22 said...

In the event that anyone cares. This is my fucking joint. My favorite track on the album.

Othello said...

Yeah, dog!!! Weaponized danishes. THAT"S WHAT"S UP. F*&k throw rocks at tanks, hit em with danishes. Cherry danishes, so they stick!

I'm kinda feelin this joint too.