Quantcast The AntFarm Affiliates blog [has moved]: Xotic Dreamz Car Show
| d_Cyphernauts | Expertiz | Phenetiks | Workforce | Sketch Tha Cataclysm |
| Cee Reed | The Rising Sun Quest | Spaz the Working Class | Pruven |

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Xotic Dreamz Car Show










Whats good everybody,
This Is Quest with a little summery of the goings on this past Sunday. The Xotic Dreams car club was holding their 5th annual car show in Waterbury this year so they asked If I could rock the crowed since It's my hometown. I was definitely down for it and have been waiting with great anticipation for it to go down. I was afraid that the rain would spoil the event considering that every outdoor event that I've ever tried to rock has been canceled due to rain. The car show was supposed to be a two day event which started at noon on Saturday. I was to be performing Sunday around 2:00 but DJ SirCumference and I intended to drop by on Saturday to see what the deal was. The forecast called for Severe Thunderstorms on Saturday and Sunday. I was bummed Cause I was sure the event was canceled but to my surprise the car show was going on. Through the rain cars were registered and judged on Saturday.

Sunday was looking pretty good around noon. the sun was out and their was a good amount of people at the event. Their were about 50 cars on display which i was told was a very small turnout but considering the forecast was not that bad. Their were some real dope whips there. there also were some dope shorties in short shorts too for all the fellas to look at. I was there with some of my peoples just enjoying the day. Nemesis was there with his family, My boy Definition, Roc One, Expertiz, Spaz, Dj Sircumference. It was a dope afternoon. The first event was a High low competition where they measure how close the car is to the ground or how high it is off the ground. Whatever. After that was a rev competition to see who the big dogs were in terms of revving that engine. Their was a Dodge Charger there that nobody could fuck with. He revved that bad boy up and i'm sure it was the loudest car Ive ever heard. Their was a Chevy Impala that came close but nobody could see that Charger.

After that was my performance. I had to cut it a little short cause the storm clouds were approaching and their were still other events like the Bikinni Contest, tug of war, bobbing for apples, pie throwing yet to be held. I set it off with a track that was kinda lyrical and im not sure the crowed was feeling what i Was doing At first. So I broke out a joint off the upcomming album titled "The Rhythm" THats now my go to track. Heads were feeling it and because it has that dope b-boy vibe a couple heads even started to break on the concrete in front of the stage. It was dope and the crowed was definately into it at that point. I rocked a freestyle after that and then Ended it off with My favorite closer off Surviving Life,"Hip HOP FOR YOU" I definately had a good time. But just as i finished up and announced the next event, I look to my ritht and saw a wall of rain headed right for us. it went from dry to flood in seconds. You would think shots went off the way the crowed scattered. It was funny i cant remember seeing that many people dissappear that fast. many ran under tents most ran to their cars.

Those Xotic Dreamz cats are no joke though. They weren't about to have the rain completely ruin their event. Even with Thunder, Lightning and heavy downpours they still had their bobbin for apples event. That shit was so funny to see them in the rain trying to get a trophy for whoever could get the most apples. After that every car club that was taking shelter under a tent lifted it and walked towards the stage under the tent like 20 deep per tent. Now that they had all the tents butted up against each other the were able to have their trophy ceremony's.
Considering the shitty weather Id say I had a great time. THanks to the Xotic Dreamz Car club for having me as the live entertainment for the event.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good time considering. Thanks for the recap and picts!

DJ Sir.Cumference said...

I def. had a good time there. The chick on the flyer for the event was there but she was not what everybody was expecting. I was not impressed...LOL. The rain def. killed the joy of the event, but we still had fun. Big up to everyone from the AFA who showed up and supported. Peace and love.

Dj Sir.Cumference of Phenetiks